- ATM’s and bank branches across Australia are continuing to close at a rapid rate
- Switch by customers to digital banking seen ‘Big Four’ banks switch their focus
- ANZ head of distribution Kath Bray said changes were a clear sign of the times
As Australian banks continue to focus on digital transactions for customers, ATMs and bank branches are disappearing across the country, according to new data.
The analysis revealed close to 460 bank branches have shut down across the nation in recent years, and dating back to 2020, approximately 3800 previously active ATMs have been removed.
NSW alone now has 140 fewer in-store banks, and almost 300 suburbs don’t have a singular ATM to withdraw cash.
It is a similar story in Victoria, where 120 branches have permanently closed their doors to customers.
‘Closures have a devastating impact on local communities,’ Finance Sector Union national secretary Julia Angrisano said.
- We’ve never seen so much lying, bullshit and idiocy as attends this Fed collapsing this RECORD asset bubble at RECORD pace. While trapped gamblers circle jerk the whole way down.
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- All card Machines down – This is happening Nationwide right this minute.
- Costa Rica Under Seige
- Outbreak of hemorrhagic fever In Iraq giving a fatality rate 20%—1 in 5: the outbreak is spreading fast
- Jeremy Kauffman: “Was skeptical of the ‘grooming’ narratives. But yesterday almost every teacher in NH demanded the right …”
- First Black Lesbian Press Secretary Immediately Demoted After First Week
- The latest cover of the Economist…
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- Another Large Real Estate Crash Is Coming Soon?