- West Virginia lawmakers voted 14 articles of impeachment against the court
- Justices spent up to $3.7 million of tax payer money on office decor
- One justice spent $8,000 on a high-backed desk chair and $20,500 on a rug
- There are additional charges of corruption and misuse of state funds
- The state House will begin deliberations on impeachment Monday
- If House members vote for impeachment, the matter goes to the Senate for trial
Lawmakers in West Virginia voted to bring impeach charges against the entire state Supreme Court after accusing the justices of multiple crimes, including lavish spending on office decorations that cost tax payers $3.7 million.
The articles of impeachment recommend the four justices be impeached ‘for maladministration, corruption, incompetency, neglect of duty, and certain high crimes and misdemeanors.’
‘It’s a sad day, and it certainly isn’t a cause for celebration,’ said Republican lawmakerJohn Shott, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee handling the issue, according to the Charleston Gazette-Mail.
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 843 views