(Click on image for higher resolution)
The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) can legally access your “secure messaging app content,” according to a new report by The Epoch Times. In fact, it would only take officers about 15 minutes to access the contents of iMessages to collect metadata from WhatsApp. Our phones and personal electronic devices can provide agents with our location, contacts, pictures, search history, and more. Numerous people believe that encryption is one-dimensional and their messages are secure.
There are different forms of encryption and ways to bypass poorly encrypted software. People believed iMessage was secure due to Apple’s encryption, but automatic cloud backups are not encrypted and can be accessed. WhatsApp only began offering encryption backup in September, and the feature is not the default setting. The FBI document noted that search warrants could provide them with backup encryption keys as well.
Signal, Telegram, and WeChat are a bit more secure, but the FBI can still determine data logs or when the user logged into the service. Some may shrug and say they have nothing to hide and, therefore, nothing to fear. The problem is that the government can and will twist any information provided to them in order to win or develop a court case. Also, the FBI is not a beacon of ethics, and no one wants to have their personal information publicized. Since the majority of the world is not a threat to national security or a predator, sharing this much information with the government without a subpoena is asinine. All it would take is 15 minutes for someone’s private life to become public government information.
- Fleet Of B-52s Recorded Flying Over Long Island Out To The Atlantic Ocean Toward Europe..Something’s Up…
- There Is Far More Going On Behind The Scenes Than Most People Ever Imagined…
- Doctors Will Report Those Who Refuse The Injections
- Why Is The Mainstream Media Being So Quiet About The Military Strikes That Are Causing Massive Explosions In Iran?
- Top Thai authorities including advisors are prepared to see to it that the Pfizer contracts are declared null and void.
- Americans warned of financial ‘catastrophe
- REPORTS OF EXPLOSIONS IN IRAN AND SYRIA\IRAQ BORDER (2nd Night)
- Credit card delinquency is the new big short
- Are Australian Banks Preparing For A Massive Financial/Economic Crash And Prohibiting Withdrawals?
- Gallon of Milk $9.49