Democratic pollster Carly Cooperman, who is a partner at Schoen Consulting, on Wednesday said moderate Democrats stand the best chance of winning in the upcoming midterm elections.
“We see that moderate Democrats have been winning primaries overall, and I think that those are the ones who stand the best chance of winning,” Cooperman told Hill.TV’s Joe Concha on “What America’s Thinking.”
Cooperman’s comments come after progressive House candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shocked longtime Rep. Joseph Crowley (D) in a primary for New York’s 14th District.
Ocasio-Cortez’s win has fueled talk that Democrats need to run more progressive candidates in November.
A poll released by Axios-Survey Monkey on Tuesday shows that several incumbent Democrat senators in states Donald Trump won in 2016 up for re-election in 2018 are in danger of losing in November.
The poll was conducted in 13 states with competitive Senate races this November over a three week period, beginning on June 11 and ending July 2. About 1,000 respondents were surveyed in each state, and the margin of error for the results in each head-to-head Senate race is about 4.5 percent.
Incumbent Red State Democrat senators in Florida, Indiana, and North Dakota are all losing to their Republican challengers, though the results in all three states are within the margin of error.
In Florida, Republican Gov. Rick Scott leads Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) 49 percent to 46 percent among registered voters.
In Indiana, Republican nominee and businessman Mike Braun leads Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-IN) 49 percent to 47 percent among registered voters.
In North Dakota, Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) leads Sen. Heidi Heitkamp 52 percent to 47 percent among registered voters. (With only 457 respondents, the North Dakota poll’s margin of error was 7.5 percent.)
Axios-Survey Monkey ran a number of scenarios in each of these states based on different turnout models among likely voters, and those results are even more troubling for the three incumbent Democrat Senators.
- Rumors of A Military Coup in China
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- Economic Collapse Has Arrived In Germany. Will The U.S. Be Close Behind?
- Tranny Stripper Performs for Kids, Kids Hand Out Cash
- College is a scam…
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alex Jones Hasn’t Evolved a Bit in 30 Years of Broadcasting
- What Ominous Event Do They Have Planned For September 24th?
- “Get an EV,” they said. “It’ll be fun,” they said. This is at an EV charging station in California
- The World Has Been at War With the Devil That Calls Itself The Red Shield (Rothschild) for Centuries