Head of notorious Wuhan lab warns more COVID-19 mutations are coming t.co/agVTKUgGKR pic.twitter.com/28vcAWkxdN
— The Hill (@thehill) August 8, 2021
Shi Zhengli told Chinese state media that the virus will continue to mutate.
The delta variant was first discovered in India and is now the dominant strain of COVID-19.
Scientists are also monitoring the lambda variant, which is becoming a prominent strain in South America.
The head of the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) warned Thursday that the coronavirus virus will continue to mutate, and urged people to continue to get vaccinated.
Virologist Shi Zhengli told the South China Morning Post that the world will need to prepare to coexist with the virus as it continues to mutate and spread across the globe.
“As the number of infected cases has just become too big, this allowed the novel coronavirus more opportunities to mutate and select,” Shi said, according to the South China Morning Post. “New variants will continue to emerge.”
The delta variant has quickly become the dominant COVID-19 strain and is driving a surge in cases around the world. Scientists are also monitoring the lambda variant, which is becoming a prominent strain in South America.
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- A Full Blown US Conflict With Iran at Israel’s Insistence Is Approaching
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- “The Banks Are Melting”, And Signs Of A Major Credit Contraction Are Already Starting To Emerge
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Bibi Netanyahu Squashes Embarrassing Anti-Christian Bill
- The market is being held up by 7 companies