This is absolute gold.
1. Republicans passed the 13 Amendment, which ended slavery.
2. Republicans passed the 14th Amendment, which made black people citizens.
3. Republicans passed the 15th Amendment, which gave black people the right to vote.
4. Republicans started Howard University for blacks. (White Republican Oliver Howard started Howard University)
5. Republicans started Spelman College for blacks. (White Republican John D Rockefeller put up the money to build Spelman college, and in return that college was named after his wife Laura Spelman Rockefeller)
6. Republican Henry L. Morehouse helped to start Morehouse College an all black college for boys, and in his honor that college was named after him.
7. Republican Erastus Milo Cravath started Fisk University an all black college. Erastus was also the president of Fisk for 20 years.
8. Republican Henry Martin Tupper started Shaw University, which is the first black University in America. Henry Tupper also fought in the Civil War to help end slavery.
9. Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1866, which gave blacks the right to buy and own property.
10. Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1871, to protect blacks from the Ku Klux Klan.
11. Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1875, which gave blacks the right to serve on a Jury.
12. Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1957.
13. Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1960.
14. Republican president Dwight Eisenhower sent in the Federal troops to escort black kids to school in Arkansas, this is known as the Little Rock 9.
15. Republicans created 40 Acres and a Mule for blacks—-Republican (Thaddeus Stevens) created a bill saying that black people should get 40 acres and a mule.
16. Most Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
17. Most Republicans voted in favor of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
18. Republican president Ronald Reagan signed into law the bill making Dr. King birthday a national holiday.
19. Republican president George Bush Sr brought Federal charges against the 4 white police officers that beat up Rodney King.
20. Republican president George W Bush gave Africa 48 billion dollars in funding.
21. Republican president George W Bush has given more money to Africa than any other U.S. president.
22. In George W Bush first term, the US more than doubled development assistance to Africa and helped secure $34 billion in debt relief for 19 African countries.
23 George W Bush created the President’s Malaria Initiative, committing $1.2 billion to fight Malaria in Africa.
24. George W Bush started the (Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon) program to help fight cancer in Africa.
25. George W Bush partnered with the Starkey Hearing foundation, to help fight hearing loss in Africa.
26. George W Bush increased funding to black colleges.
27. In 1956 Republicans endorsed and supported Brown VS Board of Education, which desegregated public schools in America.
28. Republican president Richard Nixon desegregated public schools.
The New York Times
Independent UK news
Founder of Shaw University put his life on the line starting that college for blacks
Black colleges received 223 million dollars from George Bush in one year
h/t I’m with Trump & Jake
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 639 views