by Chris Black
We should not rehash the past but learn from it — and thereby ensure Putin is defeated now and deterred in the future. By Victor Davis Hanson
10 Realities of Ukraine t.co/zEnppIVIVJ
— Curtis Hebert (@CurtisHebert) March 18, 2022
The lessons here are:
- It’s better to keep the world in a state of fear over whether or not you might destroy the planet than to try to calm things down.
- We should keep pushing huge quantities of deadly weapons to Ukraine to shoot down Russian aircraft.
- We need to drill, baby, drill—-and mine, and blast, and spew pollution into the atmosphere, and burn up our limited supply of fossil fuels as quickly as possible, and make the energy industry even richer than it already is—-because Putin.
- If Russia is defeated in Ukraine and becomes a broken pariah state, then China will still want to make all our stuff in their country and we can continue to outsource all our manufacturing there.
- We should’ve stayed in Afghanistan forever.
- Sanctions on Russia have nothing to do with rising inflation and gas prices. You don’t need to see his identification, these aren’t the droids you’re looking for.
- The assassination of Qasem Soleimani and other neo-con moves under Trump were a great way to deter Putin. We need more neo-con assassinations and air strikes in the future.
- It isn’t an “escalation” to escalate this war. Also, all the Americans who died in Iraq and Afghanistan are Russia’s fault, along with China and Iran.
- We should drag things out in Ukraine so it becomes a quagmire for Russia like Vietnam or Afghanistan. If the country is completely destroyed in the process, hey, you can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs.
- Putin is in Ukraine because of cowardly appeasement just like Chamberlain with Hitler. We need to be like Winston Churchill Churchill start a world war ASAP.
This is what passes for wisdom among the Senior Fellows of prestigious think tanks in the US these days.
Look for a lot more of this in the future.