Pelosi Struggles to Keep Dems United During Government Shutdown. “Moderate, freshman Democrats open to deal.”
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and the rest of the Democratic leadership are struggling to present a unified front during the ongoing government shutdown, as moderate and freshmen members of the majority appear eager to cut a deal with President Donald Trump.
Since the shutdown started in December, Pelosi has reiterated that the House will not end the impasse by acquiescing to Trump’s request for $5 billion to construct a wall on the border between the United States and Mexico.
Pelosi, who previously contended that a wall was “immoral,” has dug in her heels in recent weeks, drawing fire from members of her own majority.
“There’s a number of us on the Democratic side who are quite concerned that we’re not working on negotiated positions and taking the bull by the horns and trying to think about what it would look like,” Democratic congresswoman Elissa Slotkin, a freshman from Michigan, told the Wall Street Journal over the weekend.
Although as we saw in 2009-10, Pelosi isn’t afraid to offer up young Democrats as sacrifices to her cause.
- The Case Against Trump is a Diversion From the Monetary Collapse and a Defeat in Ukraine
- Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and More Redpills
- Proof of What JADE HELM 15 really is and why they are doing it. This is VERY important you read. Your life may depend on it.
- The Fed Just Broke EVERYTHING!! (This Is Bad)
- James O’Keefe: “Linda Malone, Maryland elections admin, RESIGNS day after @OKeefeMedia expose showing thousands of contributions through individual Annapolis, MD home addresses”
- CDC Posts Airports Warning Signs Today March 31, 2023
- The TRUTH about the bank runs. Regulators are LYING to you!
- This is beyond disturbing!
- “What I did NOT KNOW was that Mr Macron was not vaccinated. I did not know that most of the members of the government were not.”
- Things Are Starting To Get Really Crazy Out There…