About Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ)
- HCQ was approved for medical use in the USA in 1955.
- HCQ was on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.
- HCQ was the 128th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States (2017).
- HCQ’s uses include treatment of malaria, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, porphyria cutanea tarda, Sjögren syndrome, and Q Fever.
- Like any drug, HCQ has side effects and drug interactions. However, it has never carried a black box warning from the FDA and is often prescribed to pregnant women for rheumatoid arthritis.
But the media would have you believe this is a dangerous, scary drug– barely used before. In fact, CNN spent 90 minutes one day alone talking about it.
Much of this was stirred up by the Lancet Study. You know, the one that got retracted because they wouldn’t release it for peer review. Most people didn’t hear about the retraction. www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200605/lancet-retracts-hydroxychloroquine-study
One of the co-authors was compromised (involved with a competing drug). Dr. Mandeep Mehra, the lead co-author, is a director at Brigham & Women’s Hospital. Dr. Mehra and The Lancet failed to disclose that the hospital had a deal with Gilead (competing drug) and was conducting trials testing Remdesivir (competing drug).
Many of the negative reports on Hydroxychloroquine came as a result of this redacted, biased study. Many of the articles below have not bothered to post an edit note at the top about the retraction.
- abc11.com/hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-trump-study/6206704/ (now removed to dead link)
Follow the Money
Hydroxychloroquine costs $0.60 a pill. Competing drug Remdesivir costs $2,340 for a full-treatment. Gilead is expected to make about $1.3 billion from the drug in 2020. The drugmaker has said it spent about $1 billion to develop remdesivir.
Months before Gilead announced a price for remdesivir, Democrats started raising questions about the drug’s potential cost — in part because Gilead received about $70 million in taxpayer dollars and assistance from the National Institutes of Health to run clinical trials.
It’s worth noting here that Gilead spent $5,720,000 lobbying politicians in 2019 alone, ranking them #77.
Look how Hydroxychloroquine is “destroyed” by the fake Lancet study in time to make big $$$ off of Remdesivir.
February 21: Initial Release pertaining to NIH-NIAID Remdesivir placebo test trial
April 10: The Gilead Sciences Inc study published in the NEJM on the “Compassionate Use of Remdesivir”
April 29: NIH Release: Study on Remdesivir (Report published on May 22 in NEJM)
May 22, The BWH-Harvard Study on Hydroxychloroquine coordinated by Dr. Mandeep Mehra published in The Lancet
May 22, Remdesivir for the Treatment of Covid-19 — Preliminary Report National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, New England Journal of Medicine, (NEJM)
June 5: The (fake) Lancet Report (May 22) on HCQ is Retracted.
June 29, Fauci announcement. The $1.6 Billion Remdevisir HHS Agreement with Gilead Sciences Inc
Also worth noting, France allegedly removed Chloroquine from their shelves and reclassified the drug, making it more difficult to access, on January 13th, but I can’t find a good citation for it. Most of it is written in French.
List of Hydroxychloroquine Studies
TLDR: Gilead produced Remdesivir, which they could charge $2,340 per patient and make $1+ B in profit in 2020 alone. Hydroxychloroquine, a drug which has been approved since 1955 in the US and was the 128th most commonly prescribed medication in the US, came into consideration as an alternate treatment that cost only 6 cents per pill. A compromised study was then created—the Lancet Study. Project Mockingbird began a heavy smear campaign on Hydroxychloroquine. Remdesivir then received government money and more clout. By the time Lancet study was redacted, it was too late. The smear campaign had taken hold.
** Please share anywhere you want.**
Disclaimer: This is a guest post and it doesn’t necessarily represent the views of IWB.
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- France On Fire: Firefighters Joining The Protests… Trash Collection Workers In Paris Have Been On Strike For 17 Days
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Knock knock. You’re next… Deutsche Bank
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…