We have been following developments related to a potential rail strike as unions try to negotiate a new contract with employees unhappy with proposals that have already been offered.
Now there is news that a second union has rejected a deal that was hammered out last month between rail companies, unions, and the Biden administration.
The vote by the Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen, the second union to reject the White House-brokered deal, elevates the likelihood of a nationwide strike when a negotiation deadline arrives in November.
The potential work stoppage could paralyze the nation’s supply chain and transportation rail service as the U.S. enters peak holiday season.
…The vote against the contract centered on frustration with a lack of paid sick days, according to a statement from Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen President Michael Baldwin. “For the first time that I can remember, the BRS members voted not to ratify a National Agreement,” he said.
The rejection of the deal came despite a 24% compounded wage increase and preservation of the members’ health care benefits, Baldwin added.
- Mask-Off Moment for Mainstream Media
- The Truth About The China Riots
- Elon Musk Warning: “China’s Economic Collapse Is Far WORSE Than You Think” – “What’s Coming Is Way WORSE Than A Recession..”
- BALENCIAGA SHUTS DOWN TWITTER ACCOUNT, BANKRUPTCY SOON!
- Banks are over-leveraged $2 quadrillion dollars in derivatives. A crash is imminent & the economic fallout will be horrific.
- Supreme Court Case to Remove Biden On Docket. Finally Justice? Or is America Dead?
- The new tank man in Shanghai
- As America Becomes a Multicultural Hell Hole, Citizens Start Carrying Firearms at Unprecedented Rates
- At This Point They Aren’t Even Trying To Hide Who They Really Serve
- Is China Using Zero Covid Policy to Stop Impending Economic Collapse?