Refusal to confirm one of Joe Biden’s highly radical picks for nomination, David Weil, was bipartisan, and that is sure to enrage the progressive wing of the Democrat Party.
Three of the US Senate’s more moderate Democrats joined Republicans on Wednesday night in voting against advancing Biden’s nominee to head the Labor Department’s Wage and Hour Division, showing just how far out of touch Biden is with – even the Democrats.
Even left of center- Wall Street Journal saw that the Senate refusal was a smackdown of Biden’s political capital.
“The tide is turning politically on Capitol Hill, and the latest evidence is the surprising defeat of David Weil to run the Labor Department’s Wage and Hour Division. Three Democrats—Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, and Mark Kelly—opposed the union favorite on the Senate floor,” WSJ reported.
“Mr. Weil had the same job in the Obama Administration when he sought to destroy the franchise business model and gig economy as Americans know them. President Biden nominated him for a second stint on the expectation that he would impose via regulation much of Big Labor’s Pro Act that has failed to pass the Senate,” The WSJ Editorial board reported about the rebuke to Biden.
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- A large fire is spreading from a pallet yard behind the US Foods distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Madison Cawthorn Kicked Out of Congress for Blowing the Whistle on GOP Orgies and Calling Out Zelensky
- From 1958, 2003/06 – CDC Vaccine Adverse Events, Smallpox – Holy Hell
- 5th Circuit Court finds SEC operates unconstitutionally
- A “Smallpox-Like Virus” Has Now Spread To Spain, Portugal And The United States
- Is the next Great Muppet Reaping at hand?
- UTTER CARNAGE: The Stock Market Is Coming Apart Like A 20 Dollar Suit As Fear Sweeps Through Wall Street
- The Only Thing Clear Over the Last Two Years is that Covid-19 Never Existed?