EDISON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A town in New Jersey is considering what could be one of the strictest food allergy laws in the country.
If approved, it would force restaurants and caterers to make every single ingredient public — even secret recipes. An Edison town council member wants to know exactly what’s cooking in restaurant kitchens to help prevent allergic reactions.
The new proposal would require eateries to list all ingredients on their menus that trigger food allergies. The owners at Indian Eatery House are on board, since they already try to do it.
“We want to take care of health concerns like allergies,” co-owner Sam Shyam said. “The way a customer wants on the table, we will serve.”
Other customers say it’s just too much information to sift through, and that the customer can just ask a server. Not to mention, the added administrative burdens on a small business such as La Bonbonniere Bake Shoppe on Route 27.
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Canada: Housing prices are collapsing and jobless increases. 1/6 homeowners in Canada own 4 or more properties.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- It is a totalitarian system: The FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago and trying to criminalize opposition to the regime. NEVER in the history of the United States has the FBI ever carried out such a raid.
- Asian television: ‘More people are dying from the Vaccine than from Covid’…
- Brazilian Police Officer reminds unruly citizen this ain’t America
- How “Big Woke” Destroyed the Film Industry
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- An Attempt To Summarize The Current State Of Our Country In Just 12 Tweets
- Next leg lower will wipe out what’s left of the remaining hopefools