- Miriam Torres – who works at El Paso’s University Medical Center – told DailyMail.com that half her 30 beds are regularly taken by the migrants
- She said many of them are suffering broken legs, smashed spines and shattered hips due to falling off the border wall as they attempt to cross into the U.S.
- Torres said the hospital is so desperate for space that it is now issuing contracts to care homes to take in the injured migrants during their treatment
- ‘Doctors come in now and just label the patients’ charts BWF, standing for border wall fall. It’s that routine these days. But it is putting a great strain on the unit’
- She added: ‘When Joe Biden took office, almost immediately we started to see the numbers increasing. It has been overwhelming at times’
- Vice President Kamala Harris landed in El Paso to visit a border patrol facility on Friday following months of backlash