Former President Donald Trump’s YouTube channel will remain suspended indefinitely, the online video platform said Tuesday.
Trump was first banned from the Google-owned company Jan. 12 for at least a week in wake of the riot at the US Capitol.
YouTube announced the extension of that suspension last week — before issuing yet another one Tuesday.
“In light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, the Donald J. Trump channel will remain suspended,” YouTube spokesperson Ivy Choi said in a statement obtained by Politico. “Our teams are staying vigilant and closely monitoring for any new developments.”
More than 2.79 million people were subscribed to Trump’s YouTube channel.
Former President Trump’s Facebook has also been indefinitely suspended, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg announced this month.
“Our ban is indefinite. We’ve said at least through the transition, but we have no plans to lift it,” she said.