Trump budget director: White House to release spending-cuts package in coming weeks

Sharing is Caring!

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney on Wednesday said the White House hopes to send Congress a package of new spending cut proposals in the coming weeks, even as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell appears cool on trying to roll back parts of the recent $1.3 trillion spending bill.

Some House Republicans are bullish on putting together a so-called “rescissions” package to try to claw back some of the spending in the bill, and Mr. Mulvaney said the White House hopes to work with lawmakers in the coming months on a package.

See also  Chris Christie Reveals Who STARTED the Politicalization of Vaccines… And it ISN’T Trump

“[We] hope to have something here in the next couple weeks,” Mr. Mulvaney told a House appropriations subcommittee Wednesday.

The package of proposed cuts could be as much as $60 billion, according to reports.

Even as President Trump signed the measure last month, the president decried some of the non-military spending demanded by Democrats as wasteful and said he would never sign a similar bill again.

See also  Democrats Are More Upset About Death of Soleimani Under Trump Than Death of AID Worker and Seven Children Under Biden

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/18/mick-mulvaney-white-house-hopes-release-spending-c/

The less they spend, the less we pay. Trump was talking about a tax cut Phase II recently, and Ted Cruz just introduced legislation to make the individual tax cuts permanent…

AC

830 views

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.