- Trump slammed the Capitol riot panel Wednesday for demanding White House documents related to his mental health at the time of the January 6 attack
- ‘These Democrats only have one tired trick—political theater—and their latest request only reinforces that pathetic reality,’ the former president wrote
- Requests went to the National Archives for White House for information
- Also seeking information from the Pentagon on staff changes in the final week
- Other requests to FBI, Interior Department, and Director of National Intelligence
- Seeks any resignation letters and 25th Amendment information
- Targets documents on a variety of officials including Roger Stone, Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio, lawyer Sidney Powell, and lawyer Rudy Giuliani
Donald Trump slammed the House Capitol riot committee on Wednesday after it demanded the former president’s mental health records as it seeks more communication from the White House in the probe.
‘The Leftist ‘select committee’ has further exposed itself as a partisan sham and waste of taxpayer dollars with a request that’s timed to distract Americans from historic and global catastrophes brought on by the failures of Joe Biden and the Democrats,’ Trump released in a statement.
‘Unfortunately, this partisan exercise is being performed at the expense of long-standing legal principles of privilege,’ he continued. ‘Executive privilege will be defended, not just on behalf of my Administration and the Patriots who worked beside me, but on behalf of the Office of the President of the United States and the future of our Nation.’