Former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has just sent the clearest signal yet that he likely wouldn’t rejoin a potential second Trump Administration (despite being one of the more successful cabinet members) via reports that the ex-Goldmanite will raise $2.5 billion for a new private equity fund.
Mnuchin isn’t the only industry giant who is launching a new PE fund amid an explosion of dealmaking spurred in part by the Fed’s policy response to the pandemic. Back in July, former Apollo founder Josh Harris announced fundraising plans for his own billion-dollar fund.
Absolutely amazing SCOOP from @HeatherPerlberg and @sonalibasak:
*STEVEN MNUCHIN RAISES $2.5 BILLION FOR PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
"Most of the money is from sovereign wealth funds in the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund." more on @TheTerminal
— Brian Chappatta (@BChappatta) September 20, 2021
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB