Pres. Biden's new $800 million military aid package to Ukraine includes:
– Heavy artillery weapons
– Dozens of howitzers
– 144,000 rounds of ammunition
– More tactical drones pic.twitter.com/8WqFDZkWhg
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 21, 2022
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden pledged an additional $1.3 billion Thursday for new weapons and economic assistance to help Ukraine in its strong but increasingly difficult battle against the Russian invasion, and he promised to seek much more from Congress to keep the guns, ammunition and cash flowing.
The latest military aid, Biden said, will be sent “directly to the front lines of freedom.”
“Putin is banking on us losing interest,” Biden said. The Russian president is betting that “Western unity will crack … and once again we’re going to prove him wrong.”
The new package includes $800 million in military aid for much-needed heavy artillery, 144,000 rounds of ammunition and drones for the escalating battle in the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine. It builds on roughly $2.6 billion in military assistance that Biden previously approved.
- A large fire is spreading from a pallet yard behind the US Foods distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition Now Features an Obese Woman
- Agent Fang Fang goes down in China crash
- War Is Over But They Won’t Tell You
- IT HAS BEGUN. THEY ARE HUNTING THE RICH. FOOD RIOTS ACROSS OUR WORLD HAVE STARTED
- Twitter is about to get wrecked
- Canada: Kindergarteners Given Homework About Jerking Off
- Wait, What?
- Canadian Truckers win in court! Now they can sue. Trudeau is still a tyrant.
- Russia Says That the West is at War with Russia