Democrats are growing increasingly concerned that a spike in ObamaCare premiums could hit this fall right before the midterm elections.
The party is already facing major headwinds from inflation and President Biden’s lagging approval ratings, and a health care premium spike would add a major blow.
The American Rescue Plan signed by President Biden last year temporarily increased financial assistance under ObamaCare, but that increase is set to expire at the end of this year, causing an increase in premiums for enrollees in the health law unless Congress acts.
Notices about the premium increases would be sent out shortly before the midterm elections, adding political pain for Democrats in addition to the higher premiums for consumers.
“Right before the election, people would get notices of big premium increases, and that will certainly not reflect well on Democrats,” said Larry Levitt, a health policy expert at the Kaiser Family Foundation.
They’re running out of other people’s money.
- TERMINATORS: Killer robots join Ukraine’s line of defense against Russian troops
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Whoa! More negative wealth effects coming down the pipe…big recession ahead
- Percent change in home sales in total (YoY) and percent change in sales by home price level
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- The collapse in consumer sentiment is definitive proof that social mood is rolling over. Hard. So far, the declines in stocks have been bought ALL the way down. Each rally has been shorter than the last.
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…
- You Will Never See This on the News
- They’ll come for your cars soon.