Gibbins Advisors, a leading healthcare restructuring advisory firm, has followed up its August 2022 analysis of Large Healthcare Bankruptcies (Chapter 11 cases with greater than $10 million in liabilities) with a total snapshot of 2022, which showed a sharp acceleration of bankruptcy filings in the healthcare sector including an increase of 84% from 2021 to 2022.
There were 46 Large Healthcare Bankruptcies in 2022 included in the study.
s evidence of the stark trend, the number of Large Healthcare Bankruptcy filings in Q4 2022 was almost 3 times the number of filings in Q1 2022.
Cases in the senior care sector dominated the first half of 2022, whereas the pharmaceutical sector dominated the second half of 2022, driven by a large spike in Q4 2022.
While Large Healthcare Bankruptcy filings in 2022 returned to levels at or above those seen 2019/2020 for most subsectors, the exception was the hospital sector, with just two large bankruptcy filings in 2022 compared to ten cases in 2019.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB
- Deadly Fungus Spreading Rapidly Through Hospitals
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Sending Depleted Uranium Munitions To Ukraine Is A War Crime Against The Ukrainian People
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Literally 20+ media taking images of two people