Two Virginia brothers have started an initiative to place fathers in local high schools to support faculty and staff, as well as deter violence among students.
Jimmy and Josh Carter of Chesterfield County, Virginia, who have seven children between them, said they were inspired by the “Dads on Duty” initiative in Louisiana, where a group of fathers took matters into their own hands last fall after repeated violence broke out at Southwood High School in Shreveport, leading to the arrest of 23 students over just a three-day period.
When a teenager was arrested in March after allegedly dragging a female classmate into the bathroom at Thomas Dale High School in Chesterfield and raping her in February, the Carter brothers cemented their resolve to get involved.
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Teachers are now ARMED in New Mexico, When asked if students felt safer, ALL students raised their hands. Every. Single. One.
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News