The Washington Post-University of Maryland poll found that while many people personally know someone who identifies as transgender and say greater social acceptance of transgender people is good for society, many continue to oppose the inclusion of transgender participants in female athletics. In total, 49% of Americans oppose including biologically male transgender athletes in girls’ youth sports, 55% in women’s high school sports, and 58% in women’s college and professional sports.
An even greater percentage, 68%, agree that “transgender girls would have a competitive advantage over other girls” in youth sports.
Among those who have a family member or close friend who identifies as transgender, 70% believe greater social acceptance of transgender people is good for society, while only 49% say they should be included in women’s professional sports.
Michael Hanmer, the research director of UMD’s Center for Democracy and Civic Engagement, noted that smaller shifts in acceptance for transgender individuals in women’s sports than in society at large, even among those with transgender friends and family, suggest “there are additional considerations involved.”
- TERMINATORS: Killer robots join Ukraine’s line of defense against Russian troops
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Whoa! More negative wealth effects coming down the pipe…big recession ahead
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Percent change in home sales in total (YoY) and percent change in sales by home price level
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- The Biggest Temper Tantrum In U.S. History Has Begun
- The collapse in consumer sentiment is definitive proof that social mood is rolling over. Hard. So far, the declines in stocks have been bought ALL the way down. Each rally has been shorter than the last.
- New Data Shows Massive Drop in Birth Rates After Covid 19 Vax Campaign
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…