Relax, Probably Just A Coincidence.Doctor at hospital in Wuhan dies after treating patients with coronavirus.“A doctor working at a hospital in Wuhan, China — treating patients stricken with the coronavirus — died Saturday morning. Liang Wudong, 62, died after he was infected with Wuhan coronavirus.”
We can’t know how bad it is in China. We can only know that the PRC government will lie about how bad it is, and the worse it is, the more they will lie.
UPDATE: Weird, I searched N95 respirators on Amazon and an awful lot of them appear to be backordered.
On the other hand, there’s this: Don’t buy the media hype over the new China virus.
ANOTHER UPDATE: On the other hand, in the comments people are invoking John Ringo. I don’t want to live in a John Ringo novel.
MORE: For what it’s worth, here’s a Quora thread on what it’s like inside the quarantine zone in Wuhan City, with posts from people there, and from people in contact with friends and relatives there. No idea how representative or reliable they are, of course.
And this seems like good news: Israeli in coronavirus epicenter Wuhan: It’s impossible to get out. Though in China that probably just means you haven’t bribed the right people.
STILL MORE: John Ringo appears in the comments because of course! “I don’t want to live in a John Ringo novel, either.” At least it’s not one of the Posleen books.
MORE STILL: Some informed speculation here.
UPDATE: This seems a bit alarmist. Harvard epidemiologist says coronavirus is “thermonuclear pandemic level bad.”At least I hope it is! So I don’t trust the information coming out of China very much — whether from official or unofficial sources — and what spooked me a bit last night was that the Chinese government, which I would expect to understate and underreact here, is calling the situation grave and quarantining multiple large cities. Of course, they could be panicking, but my assumption is that while their information may also be imperfect, it’s better than what I can get. So I’m not panicking, but I”m a bit concerned. Of course, the proper response at this point is what you should be doing anyway, which is have enough food, medicine, etc. ready to hand that you can stay away from public places for a few weeks if necessary.
THE 21st CENTURY IS NOT TURNING OUT AS I HAD HOPED: China Quarantines 40 Million, 1,300+ Infected; Expert Predicted Coronavirus ‘Pandemic’ Could Kill 65 Million; U.S. Evacuation Underway In China.
Related: “China’s years-long expansion into Africa – and the corresponding flood of Chinese workers establishing themselves there – has left the continent particularly vulnerable to the spread of a new iteration of coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China.”
And finally (for now): Wesleyan University student being monitored for coronavirus in Connecticut.
- First Ever Americans Charged with Seditious Conspiracy
- The U.S. Economy Just Took A Very Dark Turn
- Marauding Bands Of Looters Are Stealing Billions Of Dollars Worth Of Merchandise As America Descends Into Lawlessness
- Check your 401(k)’s fine print! Because now Biden wants to raid YOURS to fund net zero and ‘diversity’.
- This is Why Stocks Are Holding Up… But Will Soon Crash
- EU Pres Says Ukraine Has Over 100,000 Soldiers Killed, EU MUST Steal $300 Billion Dollars of Russian Money in EU Banks!
- Tucker interviews Dr Malhotra …” A psychopathic entity has control over our lives”
- Project Veritas — HHS sponsors are pimping out teen girls…
- EU spends $450 million on metaverse party….five people show up
- Housing market crash is happening right now