by Chris Black
It’s good that adults are back in charge.
Welcome to Biden’s economy:
$TGT stock is falling more than 25% in heavy trading after missing earnings estimates. The retailer said freight and transportation cost increases hit its bottom line. Target also said #inflation issues would continue to bite into full-year profit margins. t.co/ECL6RCVSfM pic.twitter.com/Do9Lyy5z52
— Yahoo Finance Plus (@yfinanceplus) May 18, 2022
Maybe making 60-90% gross margin on discretionary products isn’t a valid business model after all.
What, you didn’t know that clothing is an 80-90 point category? Toys and sporting goods is 55-70 points. Target and Walmart pay $3.80-4.25 for a $10 retail item. They can afford to cut their margins in half.
People are always shocked at clearance prices when they see 70% off.
Guess what? The store is still making money.
What is killing retail is that the distributors can’t make money anymore. The bigger ones like Hasbro are still making double their money, by passing on massive price increases.
A toy that was $10 ten years ago is now $25. The manufacturing cost didn’t go up 2.5x.
The retailers could sell the products for a lot less and give consumers a break.
But they refuse to because their inflated share prices are predicated on those expansive margins.
- PEDOPHILES ARE OFFICIALLY A PROTECTED CLASS IN AMERICA NOW
- Armstrong: Prepare for WWIII: The West NEEDS war because the entire financial system is collapsing
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- Comedian Alex Stein Trolls Leftist Protesters Outside His NYC Comedy Show
- A Major Prophetic Voice Is Warning That Food Confiscation Will Happen In America When Shortages Get Really Severe
- Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche forecasts total chaos within 2 months.
- Why Are They Still Pushing the Global Warming Hoax When We Have Real Problems to Take Care Of?
- Biden Admin Reportedly Losing Faith in the Ukraine Victory Plan
- This is What Happened in Kremenchug