Jim Cramer gets a lot of attention – both positive and negative. Some people say that you should do the opposite of what he says and you would make money. I sticked with a simpler approach trust no-one but numbers.
Below you can find the statistics for executing LONG positions for all the Mad Money “buy mentions”, SHORT for “sell mentions”. Opening positions every morning at 9:30am on the day after the show, holding until 9:30am next day and repeating the same.
I ran 2 Strategies: SHORT and LONG. Below is the setup. Each Strategy tracks all the historical Mad Money calls and updates with new every night. $10K distributed daily equally among all stocks on each side.
I was a bit skeptical at first. Thinking that it would be mimicking the overall market performance at best or even losing money. I was pleasantly surprised with 2022 performance first
- +11.86% on the LONG side YTD
- +28.53% on the SHORT side YTD
Then I decided to backtest it since 2016 and here is what I got.
Disclaimer: This content does not necessarily represent the views of IWB.
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Teachers are now ARMED in New Mexico, When asked if students felt safer, ALL students raised their hands. Every. Single. One.
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News