The Fed is playing a very dangerous game.
The Fed is trying to fight inflation by raising rates… but low rates were NOT what triggered inflation: rampant money printing and supply chain issues were the reason inflation ignited.
Some historical perspective…
Between 2008 and 2014, the Fed printed roughly $3 trillion to combat the Great Financial Crisis and its aftermath. The Fed printed that same amount in six months in 2020. And it would ultimately print a total of ~$5 trillion in just 24 months.
That’s correct, during the pandemic, the Fed printed nearly DOUBLE the amount of money that it printed in response to the Great Financial Crisis. And the Fed did this in 1/3 of the time (two years vs. six years).
The Fed was not the only one.
In fact, compared to what the Federal Government did, the Fed looked like a bunch of money printing/ spending amateurs. The Federal Government spent ~$6 in 2020 ALONE. It then spent another $1.9 trillion in 2021, for a total of roughly $8 TRILLION in two years.
Who would have thought that printed/ spending $13 TRILLION (61% of U.S. GDP) in 24 months would ignite inflation!?!
So what is the Fed’s response to all of this?
Raise rates from 0.25% to 4.75% while draining a measly $500 billion in liquidity from the system.
That’s right, the Fed believes it can rein in the inflation that was created by printing/spending $13 TRILLION by raising rates a little over 4%… and shrinking its balance sheet by 6%.
Give me a break.
So again, the Fed is playing a dangerous game today. Every month that it continues messing around inflation becomes more embedded in the financial system.
On that note, we published a Special Investment Report concerning FIVE secret investments you can use to make inflation pay you as it rips through the financial system in the months ahead.
The report is titled Survive the Inflationary Storm. And it explains in very simply terms how to make inflation PAY YOU.
We are making just 100 copies available to the public.
To pick up yours, swing by:
- Michael Burry Scatter Chart of the Coming Bank Failures
- We Are in the Eye of the Hurricane – What Happens Next?
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- WSJ: Two Hundred Banks At Risk Of Bankruptcy
- Scientists sound the alarm as plastic waste forms rocks off coast of Brazil
- Cop car decides its had enough. Just runs over a bunch of people standing in its way…
- If Trump Is Arrested Next Week, He Will Win Re-Election in a Landslide
- 6th-grader is sentenced to 1-day-hard-labor for refusing to listen to CNN’s lies and propaganda.
- Stand Up Comedy Clip “Chinese Spy Balloon” by comedian Jim Breuer
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB