- Jan: COVID-19 cases started in Malaysia in January 2020 where 8 Chinese nationals came to Johor, Malaysia after coming in contact with an infected individual in Singapore.
- There were protests from the people to block all entry from China. But the government stated they cannot do that without affecting the economy or ties with China and that Malaysians should not worry and should not be racist against Chinese nationals, most of whom work, own businesses and land properties here.
- Feb: First cases of Malaysians being infected with COVID-19 started popping up.
- Mid Feb: Malaysia received praised from WHO for their efforts to control COVID-19 infections. ( www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/02/18/who-praises-m039sia039s-preparedness-ability-to-deal-with-covid-19-says-health-minister )
- Late Feb: a mosque in the capital city Kuala Lumpur held a religious event with 16,000 attendees, and someone in the crowd had COVID-19 and infected thousands of people from that event. The number of cases spiked in Malaysia.
- Mar: Malaysian government put the country under quarantine lockdown called a Movement Control Order (MCO). MCO was done pretty well with most of the citizens following orders, staying at home, working from home, ordering food online. The streets and shops were mostly empty during this time.
- Mar-Apr: the number of cases had gone up with an average of 100 cases a day and 10 or less deaths per day. The number continue to rise, but also stabilise (“the curve flattening”) and Malaysians even saw days without COVID-19 related deaths. And number of new cases drop from 100 a day to a mere 30-60 a day. The movement control order was still in place as the number kept dropping.
*Now THIS is where things get interesting…
- Mid April: China praised Malaysia’s Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah for all his efforts and strategies implemented to control the spread of COVID-19.
- Mid April: China TV stations named Malaysia’s Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah “top doctor” in the world. ( www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/04/15/china039s-cgtn-names-dr-noor-hisham-one-of-world039s-top-doctors )
- 18 April: China sent a team of so-called medical experts to Malaysia to “help” with COVID-19 efforts, but not to treat any patients. ( www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/04/19/china-medical-professionals-not-here-to-treat-covid-19-patients-but-to-share-experiences-says-health-dg )
- 23 April: Malaysia’s Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah confirmed that Malaysia will be working with China to develop a vaccine for COVID-19. And the first clinical trial will be done in Malaysia. ( www.theedgemarkets.com/article/health-dg-confirms-malaysia-working-china-firms-covid19-vaccine-development )
- 24 April: The Chinese medical experts claimed Malaysia’s efforts to curb the infection were very “comprehensive and effective.” ( www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2020/04/24/chinese-expert-malaysia039s-anti-covid-19-measures-comprehensive-effective )
- 24 April: And Malaysia will be volunteering for the vaccine trials. ( www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2020/04/24/malaysia-could-volunteer-for-next-clinical-trials-of-chinas-covid-19-vaccin/1859926 )
- 29 April: Dr Noor Hisham reported that the Malaysia medical team found a new, much more aggressive mutation in the virus. (sorry, non-English source: www.astroawani.com/berita-malaysia/covid-19-kkm-kesan-satu-mutasi-lebih-ganas-jangkiti-120-individu-dr-noor-hisham-240770 )
- 30th April: China stated they are ready to mass produce the vaccines. (www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2020/04/30/chinese-firm-all-ready-for-mass-vaccine-production)
- 1 May: Malaysia PM announced that Malaysia has lost RM63 billion due to the lockdown. ( www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2020/05/588982/pm-malaysia-has-suffered-rm63-billion-losses-due-mco )
- 1 May: Malaysia PM declared that people can go back to work as the Movement Control Order will be lifted conditionally on Monday (4 May 2020). ( www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2020/05/01/conditional-mco-declared-to-ease-lockdown/ )
- 1 May: Malaysia health experts warned that new wave of infections will come following the 4 May 2020 so-called “ease of lockdown”. ( www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2020/05/01/conditional-mco-might-cause-third-wave-of-infections-say-health-experts/ )
None of this makes sense to me and some of these events seem suspicious.
- Malaysia was doing well in controlling the spread of COVID-19, so why did China send their medical experts to help out a country that was actually doing well?
- Suddenly, Malaysia is working with China to develop a vaccine.
- And Malaysia accepted to be the “volunteer” for the vaccines from China.
- And now, the Prime Minister suddenly announced that everyone can go back to work next Monday (4 May).
Does any of these seem suspicious to you? The hell is going on?
EDIT: China also donated 5,500 test kits to be used in Malaysia in March 2020, on top of other previous donations. www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2020/03/25/china-donates-5500-covid-19-test-kits-to-malaysia-on-top-of-previous-donati/1850148