Recent remarks by White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki and senior Biden adviser Cedric Richmond had sought to turn the tables on months of some progressive Democrats advocating for slicing or even dismantling municipal police department budgets. Their logic was GOP opposition to the $1.9-trillion coronavirus relief bill passed this year amounted to supporting defunding police, since $350 billion was allocated for state and local government aid.
“Although Republicans all opposed Biden’s coronavirus relief package, no one voted to cut, or defund, anything. Rather, Democrats proposed $350 billion in emergency funds for state and local governments, and Republicans voted against those extra funds. That’s not a reduction,” the Post’s Glenn Kessler wrote.
President Biden has resisted efforts from the left flank of his party to call for police budget cuts, but the efforts by his White House to shift the label of anti-police to Republicans appeared to demonstrate the damage of even the appearance of that position. Despite the brazenness of the White House’s claims, some liberal media figures fell in line with the talking point, Fox News reported last week.
- America’s Future is Not So Bleak as You May Be Inclined to Believe
- The Great Currency Crisis of Our Lifetimes Is Starting Now
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- The Truth About the Criminal Sabotage of the Nordstream 1 and 2 Pipelines
- Fired up and blasting the NWO: Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni sums it up perfectly. No wonder the elites and establishment don’t want her to succeed.
- Drunk driving could soon be impossible thanks to new, mandated intrusive computer chips in cars
- The USDA Wants You To Register Your Garden
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alleged Neo-Nazi Kills 15 Including 11 Children in School Shooting
- Credit Crunch Has Arrived To The UK – No One Wants To Invest In A Collapsing Economy!