The Winter Olympics opened to a lackluster start with only 14 million viewers, marking the least-viewed Olympics in the ceremony’s history. Beijing permitted 150,000 live spectators to attend the games at the last minute. Although this is not a lucrative endeavor for China, the minuscule audience is a blow to its public relations campaign.
China displayed dismay over diplomats worldwide boycotting the games over genocidal abuses that the CCP vehemently denies. Some news agencies have likened the boycotts to the Moscow Olympics of 1980 that saw over 65 countries boycott the games. “Together for a Shared Future” is the official motto of the 2022 Beijing Winter Games with aims to create a “community with a shared future for humankind.”
However, viewership has declined over the years. Tokyo’s games now hold silver for the second-least viewed games after averaging 15.6 million viewers. Tokyo marked a 42% plummet from Rio’s games which saw an average of 27 million viewers.
A diplomatic boycott is offensive to the CCP, but a boycott of the people shows that the public perception is that China is the enemy. Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian warned the US not to boycott the games. “The politicization of sports will damage the spirit of the Olympic Charter and the interests of athletes from all countries,” said the spokesperson, Zhao Lijian. “The international community including the U.S. Olympic Committee will not accept it.” Still, the US announced it would send athletes but declined to send diplomats. Britain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Taiwan, Japan, and around 10 EU nations have also announced diplomatic boycotts ahead of the games.
The games last until February 20, and it is to be seen if viewership or support of the games will spike, although it does not seem likely.
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Jim Quinn: ‘The average American is getting screwed harder than a monkeypox spreader at a San Francisco orgy’
- Democrat mega-donor Steve Kirsch mic drop on Fox News…
- So, No One is Above the Law…Right? Exception List Enclosed
- It appears that the bear market rally is nearing its end…
- More Nightmarish Pestilences Continue To Erupt All Over The World
- This Is The Real Reason Why They Raided Mar-a-Lago
- The IRS posted then deleted a job ad looking for people willing to make arrests and use deadly force when needed.
- Ultimate Doom! Dec. 13, 2022 Now Called ‘C-DAY’ “BIDEN BUCKS”/ Central Bank Digital Currency: (CBDC) Executive Order 14067
- Who Was Behind the Trump Raid at Mar a Lago