Many YouTube channels pushing anti-vaccination conspiracy theories will no longer get money from adverts.
On Friday, YouTube stopped serving ads to lots of popular channels that promote such views.
It took the step following protests from firms who discovered their adverts were running alongside the controversial videos.
The World Health Organization said anti-vaccine views were a “top 10 global health threat” in 2019.
The video-sharing site said it took the step because many of the anti-vaccine channels were promoting “harmful or dangerous ” views.
“Any misinformation on medical topics is especially concerning,” it said in a statement.
Alongside the decision to remove ads, it said it was also trying to make “more authoritative content” easier to find on the benefits of vaccination and was also stopping anti-vaccine videos appearing in recommendation lists.
It was also planning to create “information panels” on pages that listed sources where people can fact-check information for themselves.
It said: “Like many algorithmic changes, these efforts will be gradual and will get more and more accurate over time.”
- This is the future they have planned for us…
- Are They Essentially Erasing Most Of The Internet?
- Heads Up: Something big is going down. Just about every commodity is collapsing in price. Things deteriorated so much that all the supply chain metrics have become way less constrained
- Bill Gates: Social Credit Scores Are An “Asset”
- Horrific news from Sodom Island
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Dead Internet theory just got even creepier….
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- If you are waiting for recession, inflation down, FED pivot, etc., by the time it happens, markets would have already priced most or all of it in. Right on schedule… Michael Burry says the Big Crash is anytime now!