Starting Monday, New York City hospital workers will need to show proof of vaccination or they need to get tested weekly; Mayor Bill de Blasio recommended masks indoors regardless of vaccine status
Across the U.S., confirmed coronavirus cases have doubled in more than 40 states in the last two weeks. About 97% of cases are among the vaccinated and at least 40% of the country remains unvaccinated
New York had more than 3,000 people test positive for COVID-19 Friday, the highest one-day total and first time over that threshold since early May, in just the latest consequence of the delta variant
When workers at New York City-run hospitals show up to work Monday, they will have to show proof of vaccination. If they can’t, they’ll have to wear a mask indoors and get weekly COVID-19 tests as part of Mayor Bill de Blasio’s latest initiative to beat the rapidly spreading delta variant.
Also on Monday, the mayor and his health commissioner unveiled the city’s highly-anticipated findings and recommendation on the new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that suggest even vaccinated people return to wearing masks indoors in parts of the U.S. where the delta variant is fueling infection surges.
De Blasio announced the city was only “strongly” encouraging mask wearing in public indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status. The mayor says the city’s decision to not implement a sweeping indoor mask policy is due to a strategic focus on pushing vaccination above all efforts against COVID-19 and the rapidly spreading delta variant.
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- France On Fire: Firefighters Joining The Protests… Trash Collection Workers In Paris Have Been On Strike For 17 Days
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Knock knock. You’re next… Deutsche Bank
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…