I haven’t spent much time diving into the Las Vegas shooting yet, but I’ve compiled a list of unanswered questions and general curiosities that I’ve noticed. I’m not saying there aren’t answers to these – maybe there’s even obvious answers – but I haven’t seen answers so far.
1. Two broken windows in two separate but adjacent rooms. According to police, rifles were set up in both windows on tripods. It doesn’t give him any advantages, and wastes time. Why would a single shooter switch rooms?
– Source (two windows): www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940918/Details-Las-Vegas-shooting-suspect-Stephen-Paddock.html
– Source (tripods): www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooting/722191001/#
– Allegedly he was in a two bedroom suite. Even so, why two gun emplacements?
2. The “Hispanic” lady seen 45 minutes before the event saying people would die. The shooter’s Asian girlfriend looked somewhat Hispanic. Was it her, or a random on the street?
– Source: www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTK1cB1spY&feature=youtu.be
– Source: www.express.co.uk/news/world/861252/Las-Vegas-shooting-latest-news-Mandalay-Bay-Route-91-Marilou-Danley
– Source (picture of Asian girlfriend): www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940918/Details-Las-Vegas-shooting-suspect-Stephen-Paddock.html
– The Hispanic lady was about a foot taller than his girlfriend, suggesting it wasn’t her 45 minutes before the attack.
3. He used a fully automatic rifle. He has no military or militia background, so it’s unlikely he converted it himself. How did he get it?
– Source (modified automatic): edition.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooter/index.html
– Source (no military background): www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940800/Las-Vegas-shooter-s-brother-says-family-dumbfounded.html
– Some rifles are easy to convert to automatic.
4. The sheer number of injuries and deaths. At the range the shooter was at (400-600 yards), it seems excessive. Could his automatic rifle do that damage at that range? How could he hit so many people at that range without any weapons experience?
– Source: Google Earth (draw a line from the shooter’s location on the northeast corner of the hotel at 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119 to the near and far edges of the festival location at 3901 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119)
– Some rifles can do this sort of damage at this range, and it might be easy to hit people in a crowd of 22,000. Source: Thread: Active Shooters at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas possibly at Harvest Festival (Page 141)
5. The notion that he just “snapped.” This was a premeditated event. He arrived at the hotel 4 days in advance then went on a gambling spree. He acquired an illegal automatic rifle (perhaps more than one). He had enough ammo to fire for almost 10 72 minutes straight, and at least 10 weapons. Is this consistent with “snapping”?
– Source: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940800/Las-Vegas-shooter-s-brother-says-family-dumbfounded.html
– Source (10 minutes of shooting): www.today.com/news/las-vegas-shooting-country-music-star-jake-owen-says-it-t116950
– Source (72 minutes of shooting): www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940808/Moment-police-blew-door-Las-Vegas-shooter-s-hotel-room.html
6. He booked two rooms under his girlfriend’s name. Why?
– Source: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940918/Details-Las-Vegas-shooting-suspect-Stephen-Paddock.html
– Can’t find source for “two rooms”. It appears he booked a single suite.
7. The reports that he converted to Islam a few months ago, coupled with ISIS claiming responsibility. Yet the FBI says ISIS wasn’t involved. Did he convert? Was ISIS involved? What is the FBI’s assessment based on?
– Source: sputniknews.com/us/201710021057876854-daesh-las-vegas-shooting/
– Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com/isis-claims-responsibility-for-las-vegas-killings-calls-shooter-one-of-its-soldiers/article/2636251
– Source: www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-shooting-isis-claim-no-proof-stephen-paddock-linked-terror-group/
– Source: pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/06/26/isis-video-threatens-san-francisco-shows-golden-gate-and-skyscraper/
– Source (FBI denial): www.sfgate.com/news/article/FBI-says-Las-Vegas-shooter-had-no-connection-to-12246467.php
8. Reports that he and his girlfriend were seen at ANTIFA events and anti-Trump events. Was he?
– Source: streamable.com/adjlq
9. He was set up and ready. He had surveillance equipment watching the door/corridor outside his room, which is how he knew the cops were coming. Did he go in knowing he was going to die?
– I can’t find the source for the surveillance equipment now. I think it was the Daily Mail, but none of their articles mention it. Updated articles? Not sure yet.
10. There is video of muzzle flare from the 4th floor. Was the shooting from the 32nd or the 4th, or both?
– Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/DanBilzerian/status/914793975478870016/video/1
– Plus, there doesn’t seem to be muzzle flair from the 32nd floor.
11. He had 19 weapons. Why if all he planned to do what kill people from afar and then off himself?
– Source: www.rt.com/usa/405321-las-vegas-shooting-panic/
– Source: www.thedailybeast.com/multiple-people-shot-at-las-vegas-music-festival
12. Why did it take police officers 72 minutes to locate him after the first 911 call came through?
– Source: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940808/Moment-police-blew-door-Las-Vegas-shooter-s-hotel-room.html
13. What happened to Marilou Danley’s first husband Alberto Busto, a filipino who she married in 1996, and who are the Ali and Zafar Busto linked on her facebook (her sons?)? Ali and Zafar are 100% Muslim names, and likely indicate she or her husband converted to Islam and her son or sons are now Muslims, probably living in the Phillipines. So, did Paddock visit her son or sons with Marilou. Did they see Paddock as a target for radicalization because of his reported isolation from family and any friends, maybe some resentment at something they saw they could work on?
h/t The Original Mind