From KPAX.com: The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office is currently facing a lawsuit from the ACLU and the ACLU of Montana regarding a current inmate at the Lincoln County Detention Center.
Agustin Ramon, a dual citizen of France and Mexico, was arrested on Aug. 3 for a criminal burglary charge and his bond was posted at $25,000.
The ACLU lawsuit says that when Ramon tried to pay his bond he was told that because of an ICE detainer Lincoln County could not release him. Once an immigrant posts bond the ACLU of Montana argues that the immigrant must be released according to state law.
They argue that Lincoln County Sheriff Roby Bowe must act within state law and the ACLU of Montana hopes that the class-action lawsuit will end the use of ICE detainers in Lincoln County and around the state.
The ACLU also hopes that the lawsuit bring compensation for Ramon’s false imprisonment.
The Lincoln County Detention Center confirmed that they do have Ramon in their custody and that he is being held on a $25,000 bail for a criminal burglary charge and a border patrol hold.
Lincoln County Sheriff Roby Bowe could not be reached for comment.
According to the Missoulian, the ACLU believes that Sheriff Bowe is overstepping his boundaries by holding the illegal alien on suspected immigration violations, which would be a civil matter. The bond for burglary is a criminal matter.
The illegal alien moved to Montana in April and married his wife in May. An immigration rights attorney is assisting the suspected burglar and his wife with their immigration options.
- This is the future they have planned for us…
- Are They Essentially Erasing Most Of The Internet?
- Heads Up: Something big is going down. Just about every commodity is collapsing in price. Things deteriorated so much that all the supply chain metrics have become way less constrained
- Bill Gates: Social Credit Scores Are An “Asset”
- Horrific news from Sodom Island
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Dead Internet theory just got even creepier….
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- If you are waiting for recession, inflation down, FED pivot, etc., by the time it happens, markets would have already priced most or all of it in. Right on schedule… Michael Burry says the Big Crash is anytime now!