Unnamed U.S. officials tell CNN that Israel struck Russian-made missiles in Latakia, Syria last Friday.
A series of explosions last week at a critical Syrian port was the result of airstrikes by Israeli warplanes, multiple U.S. officials told CNN on Friday.
Regional media widely reported the predawn explosions at Latakia on July 5, but no one had officially claimed responsibility.
Three U.S. officials told CNN the target of the airstrikes were Russian-made Yakhont anti-ship missiles that Israel believes posed a threat to its naval forces.
The officials declined to be named because of the sensitive nature of the information.
According to the press service of the Russian Defense Ministry, on the orders of Vladimir Putin, was launched the most extensive in the post-Soviet history, since 1991, the military exercise in Russia-in exercises involving troops of the Central and Eastern military districts, the Pacific Fleet, The Long and Military Transport Aviation of Russia…
MOSCOW, July 13. / ITAR-TASS /. In the Armed Forces of Russia today at 01:00 MSK began the most ambitious in the history of post-Soviet test readiness. This was reported by the press service management and information the Defense Ministry.
On the eve of Russian President Vladimir Putin during a meeting with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu ordered to begin on the night of July 13, sudden military test in the Eastern Military District. “I instruct to conduct surprise inspections of the Eastern Military District, to bring to all users of this directive and in the morning from 12 to 13 to bring the troops of the Eastern Military District on full alert to their conclusion in the areas of study, the landfills,” – said Putin.
“To test the combat readiness of association involved, the military units of the Central and Eastern military districts, the Pacific Fleet, as well as long-range and military transport aircraft Air Force Russia”, – reported in the Ministry of Defense.
Approximately 160,000 military are involved in the sudden inspection readiness of Russian Army
The number of military involved in the sudden checking readiness of the Russian Armed Forces, has doubled – to 160,000, according to RIA Novosti , citing the statement of Russian Defense Minister, Army General Sergei Shoigu at a teleconference in the center of the military.
In large-scale testing also involves about 1,000 tanks and armored vehicles, 130 long-range aircraft, military transport, fighter, bomber and the Army Air Corps, as well as up to 70 ships of the Navy, said the minister.
The troops carried out to bring the event to a higher degree of combat readiness of military units to regroup with the help of various modes of transport. Special attention is Shoigu told reporters, is paid to the command and control, as well as the transport, logistics and medical support.
??????? ????????? ?? Forbes.ru:www.forbes.ru/news/242117-okolo-160-tysyach-voennyh-zadeistvovany-vo-vnezapnoi-proverke-boegotovnosti-armii
MOSCOW, July 13 (RIA Novosti) Russia’s defense minister on Saturday said that up to 160,000 servicemen are involved in the large-scale exercises in the Eastern Military District, double the number initially reported.
“The total number of servicemen involved in the snap drills was up to 81,000 last night, the figure this morning was up to 160,000 servicemen,” Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said.
The exercises also involve about 1,000 tanks and armored vehicles, 130 aircraft and 70 warships from the Pacific Fleet, Shoigu confirmed. These latter figures remain unchanged.
The drills, which are the largest surprise check of combat readiness of the Russian military in the post-Soviet period, started on Saturday.
- A Horrifying Drought Is Causing Widespread Crop Failures Throughout The United States And Europe
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Ron Paul: “With each passing day, the Biden Administration drifts further & further from reality… The painful economic realities of government spending and Fed inflation are staring every American in the face.”
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- China ending paper trading in Precious Metals On MONDAY, could be HUGE
- An EU Satellite captures a terrifying picture of Western Europe, almost looks like the Sahara
- A man apprehends a thief who sucker punched an elderly customer and stole his wallet and phone.
- Tom Fitton: “I’ve reviewed the warrant material released in response to Judicial Watch court request. It is all a scam.”
- Disturbing Proof They’re Quietly Deleting the Internet
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels