Cassandra Fairbanks for the Gateway Pundit reports, President Donald Trump has given lawmakers a new proposal to end the shutdown and secure our southern border — by promising three years of protection for DACA recipients.
The Trump administration’s proposal was as follows:
- $800 million for urgent humanitarian assistance.
- $805 million for drug detection technology to help secure ports of entry.
- An additional 2,750 border agents and law enforcement professionals.
- 75 new immigration judge teams to reduce the court backlog of almost 900,000 cases.
- Critical measures to protect migrant children from exploitation and abuse, including a new system to allow Central American migrants to apply for asylum in their home countries and reform to promote family reunification for unaccompanied children.