The Associated Press on Monday fired one of two reporters with a byline on last week’s now-retracted report that claimed “Russian missiles” had “crossed into NATO member Poland” and killed two people.
From The Daily Beast, AP Fires Reporter Behind Retracted ‘Russian Missiles’ Story”:
That report, which was widely cited across the internet and on cable news, was taken offline the following day and replaced with an editor’s note admitting the single source [a “senior U.S. intelligence official”] was wrong and that “subsequent reporting showed that the missiles were Russian-made and most likely fired by Ukraine in defense against a Russian attack.”
On Monday, the AP fired James LaPorta, the investigative reporter responsible for that story, Confider has learned.
The piece, which was originally co-bylined with John Leicester (who is still working at the AP), attributed the information to a single “senior U.S. intelligence official,” despite the AP’s rule that it “routinely seeks and requires more than one source when sourcing is anonymous.”
Read article here:
- Mask-Off Moment for Mainstream Media
- The Truth About The China Riots
- Elon Musk Warning: “China’s Economic Collapse Is Far WORSE Than You Think” – “What’s Coming Is Way WORSE Than A Recession..”
- BALENCIAGA SHUTS DOWN TWITTER ACCOUNT, BANKRUPTCY SOON!
- Banks are over-leveraged $2 quadrillion dollars in derivatives. A crash is imminent & the economic fallout will be horrific.
- Supreme Court Case to Remove Biden On Docket. Finally Justice? Or is America Dead?
- The new tank man in Shanghai
- As America Becomes a Multicultural Hell Hole, Citizens Start Carrying Firearms at Unprecedented Rates
- At This Point They Aren’t Even Trying To Hide Who They Really Serve
- Is China Using Zero Covid Policy to Stop Impending Economic Collapse?