by Chris Black
That new Australian policy that forces people to take a selfie every hour to “prove where they are” is total humiliation ritual BS. If they actually wanted to make sure people were where they are supposed to be they could just force people to install a live location tracking app that uses GPS data, but instead they are doing this. Its humiliating because you have to go out of your way and stop whatever you are doing to repeatedly take a selfie in likely the same location to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are where you say you are, you are a slave to your smart phone, more-so than you ever were before.
I also expect that this app is probably feeding into some facial recognition tech so they can run the faces of every solitary Australian through some machine learning algorithm for yet another draconian technocratic nightmare app down the road.
No matter your views of COVID, what's happening in Australia is alarming, extreme and dangerous. t.co/Ep7fOqiHUJ
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) September 2, 2021
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- France On Fire: Firefighters Joining The Protests… Trash Collection Workers In Paris Have Been On Strike For 17 Days
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Knock knock. You’re next… Deutsche Bank
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…