- Zoom Video Communications, a $1 billion startup, filed for its much-anticipated IPO on Friday.
- Zoom Technologies, a completely unrelated company, saw its shares spike 1,100% in the aftermath.
- That company trades under the ticker symbol “Zoom,” which likely led to some confusion by trigger-happy investors.
- Zoom Technologies appears to be a mostly-defunct telecommunications company that hasn’t reported earnings since 2011, and trades as an over-the-counter stock.
- SOurce www.businessinsider.com/zoom-ipo-otc-stock-flying-2019-3