As the US is engulfed in inflation while The Federal Reserve is engaged in trying to fight inflation (well, sort of), we are seeing markets taking a shellacking, particularly commodities.
One indicator of a slowdown is declining commodity prices. Crude oil futures are down around -2.5%. Iron Ore is down -5% and steel rebar is down -3.21%.
Inflation numbers are due out Wednesday and are forecast to be 8.1% YoY (based on headline CPI). But combined with a slowing global economy, we get the dreaded “STAGFLATION.”
Meanwhile, the S&P 500 index futures are down around 1.726% for Monday open. Asian markets already got clobbered with the Hang Seng down almost -4%.
On the bond side, the 10Y Treasury Note yield rose to 3.20% early in the morning, but has retreated to 3.1447% as of 8:40am EST.
Both stock and bond market volatility measures are increasing.
So, is it a Blue Monday effect? Or global stagflation?
Time for supplemental income under the Biden Administration.
- The Level Of Evil In Our Society Is Off The Charts
- Insiders are running to the exit…
- World War 3: The Stage Is Being Set For The United States To Go To War With China And Russia Simultaneously
- Irish President Says Elon Musk is a Dictator Because He Wants to Give People Too Much Freedom
- China Responds to Joe Biden’s Declaration of War
- DEF fluid shortage…Shortage of Urea will cause shortage of DEF used in ALL modern diesel engines.
- IMF Says This is the Biggest Crisis Since World War II
- Democrat Candidate Tells Drug Addicts to Break Into Empty Houses and Live There
- Did Klaus Schwab Just Threaten Brazil President Bolosonaro for NOT Signing the Pandemic Treaty? We “Powerful” “Have the Means to Impose the State of the World”
- Pfizer Tells Federal Judge that Pfizer Owns the Federal Government and Is thereby Immune to Normal Contract Law