Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas insisted to Congress that his agency will be able to handle the expected wave of illegal immigration after Title 42 is lifted.
DHS anticipates that “migration levels will increase, as smugglers will seek to take advantage of and profit from vulnerable migrants,” Mayorkas wrote in a memo Tuesday, detailing the Biden-Harris administration’s plan for when Title 42 is lifted.
“We are also sending a clear message in the region to counteract misinformation from smugglers, including that the termination of the Title 42 public health Order does not mean that the U.S. border is open,” he added in his plan that included six pillars for border security.
Rep. John Katko (R‑N.Y.) accused Mayorkas, who testified in front of the House Appropriations Committee on Wednesday, of using the plan to hide larger immigration issues.
“The bottom line is you put out the six pillars yesterday to cover up the fact that you guys have lost operational control of many parts of the border already,” Katko said.
During his testimony, Mayorkas insisted, “We will not lose operational control of the border.”
The plan states that DHS will access “additional resources through interagency agreements and contracts.”
- HAPPENING: Shooter’s Grandpa Says Someone Else Bought Him Weapons and Taught Him How to Fire
- Why did the West Only Go to Shit After WW2 and Not Before?
- It Is Worse Than We Thought
- Barack Obama absolutely buried by Jason Whitlock.
- This is what happens if you give up your guns: Australia announces TWO YEARS in prison for violating COVID rules
- The Police are Not Your Friends
- Hardest landing is GUARANTEED.
- School shootings were rare until the government put a target on the backs of our children in 1990. What happened in 1990?
- Get ready The tsunami of Layoffs is coming!
- It’s Real! Dark MAGA Incoming