The NHTSA has been trying to put breathalyzers in new cars since at least 2015 and new legislation suggests they may finally succeed.
As Landline Media explains, “an already large bill has developed into an enormous one. House Democrats merged the nearly $500 billion highway bill, or INVEST in America Act, into a larger infrastructure package with a $1.5 trillion price tag.”
A press release reveals that this new bill would treat every American like a potential criminal and force them to breathe into a breathalyzer every time they get behind the wheel.
“To honor the Abbas family’s legacy to stop drunk driving by directing NHTSA to prescribe a motor vehicle safety standard requiring passenger motor vehicles to be equipped with an advanced drunk driving prevention system that detects if the driver is intoxicated.”
The Morning Sun reveals that part of the new act, forcing car manufacturers to install breathalyzers in new cars will be voted on this July!
In less than five years, the “Moving Forward Act” will require all passenger vehicles be equipped with drunk driving-detection technology.
“Not later than 5 years after the date of enactment of this section, the Secretary shall prescribe a final rule containing the motor vehicle safety standard required under this sub-section. The final rule shall specify an effective date that provides at least 2 years, and no more than 3 years, to allow for manufacturing compliance.”
This bill would accelerate the development of breathalyzers in new cars.
“The Secretary shall work directly with manufacturers of passenger motor vehicles, suppliers, safety advocates, and other interested parties to accelerate the development of the drunk driving prevention technology required to prescribe a motor vehicle safety standard.”
The bill would also allow the Feds to install “advanced drunk driving prevention technology” or Driver Alcohol Detection System for Safety (DADDS) in every new car.
- The term “advanced drunk driving prevention technology” means a passive system which—
- monitors a driver’s performance to identify impairment of a driver;
- a system which passively detects a blood alcohol level exceeding .08 blood alcohol content; or
- a similar system which detects impairment and prevents or limits vehicle operation (for more information read Section 32005, page 1446).
DADDS and the NHTSA are working together to put breathalyzers and touch sensors in every new car.
“The DADSS research program brings together the Automotive Coalition for Traffic Safety, which represents the world’s leading automakers, and the NHTSA in one of the most important government and private sector partnerships in recent years.”
Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky’s press release revealed how excited MADD is about putting DADDS in new cars.
“MADD applauds Chairman Frank Pallone and Chairwoman Jan Schakowsky for their leadership to save lives in this legislation,” said MADD National President Helen Witty. “This bill makes traffic and automotive safety a top priority. We also commend Rep. Debbie Dingell for her steadfast commitment to drunk driving prevention. The bill includes her HALT Act which sets a reasonable time frame to equip all new passenger vehicles with passive, advanced drunk driving prevention systems.”
The Morning Sun also revealed how thrilled former consultant to the American Automobile Policy Council and former president of the General Motors Foundation, U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell is:
“We need the installation of advanced drunk driving prevention systems in all passenger vehicles. For decades, working together with MADD and other advocates we’ve pushed for legislation. Including my drunk driving legislation in House Democrats’ comprehensive infrastructure package is a huge step forward in curbing drunk driving on American roads,” Dingell said.
Treating people like suspected criminals every time they get behind the wheel is not about traffic and automotive safety, it is about perpetuating an atmosphere of guilt until proven innocent.
This bill and others like it only serve to increase Big Brother’s ever-expanding reach into Americans’ daily lives.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The World Is Collapsing Around Us And The Crowd Is No Longer Hedged
- Social Security payments: Millions of SSI recipients to get two checks worth up to $1,652 next month
- Democrats just screwed the whole country…
- Pennsylvania’s Unemployment Is Insolvent & Now Sending Notices To Claimants Who’ve Received Full Benefits To PAY IT ALL BACK.
- Now They Are Literally Bowing Down And Worshipping Baal Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- One Of The Most Tragic Things That I Have Read In A Long Time
- AOC..after only a few years on the squad..Net Worth 29 MILLION
- Recession is here and major liquidity squeeze on-going. US Treasuries expect a Fed pivot and either deep US recession or shortage of collateral. Neither look great for stock markets