Chicago area woman left hand sanitizer on car’s dashboard in the sun all day. It caught fire and destroyed the car.

Sharing is Caring!

WAUKEGAN, Ill. (CBS) — With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, most people carry hand sanitizer everywhere, but one fortunate woman says be careful where you keep it. The combination of a liquid in a clear bottle sitting directly in the sun caused a fire in her car.

A neighbor noticed the smoke and started banging on doors.

“It looks like I have tinted windows,” said Kimane Hall. “Unfortunately, I don’t. It’s just the smoke that was in my vehicle.”

The inside of her car is badly melted, charred and crisped. The windshield is black and splintered.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.