February 2023 will certainly be remembered as a month of controversy in cable news as the industry made many of the headlines it covered during the month. Dominion Voting Systems’ court filings continued to drop bombshell revelations throughout the month, while CNN’s Don Lemon stirred controversy with remarks on women.
Despite the drama, the ratings remained relatively stable as the same dynamic between the top three networks played out yet again: Fox News far out front, MSNBC in second and CNN a distant third in total viewers, but beating MSNBC in the key 25-54 age demographic.
February marked Fox News topping CNN and MSNBC for two straight years, having come in third place in the ratings in January 2021 – when 2020 election coverage and the Jan. 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol dominated coverage.
Fox News scored the top 13 shows for the month and aired 94 of the top 100 cable news telecasts for the month.
The Five remained the top-rated show on cable news for the 11th straight month, although Tucker Carlson Tonight came in a very close second and won in the demo.
Jesse Watters, Sean Hannity, and Bret Baier rounded out the top five shows on cable news – in that order.
DON SURBER: Tough Libel Laws Will Save Journalism. “American trust in the media is at an all-time low. Stunts like this show the trust is still too high. Media lies did this.”
I have thoughts on libel reform here.
- Michael Burry Scatter Chart of the Coming Bank Failures
- We Are in the Eye of the Hurricane – What Happens Next?
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- WSJ: Two Hundred Banks At Risk Of Bankruptcy
- Scientists sound the alarm as plastic waste forms rocks off coast of Brazil
- Cop car decides its had enough. Just runs over a bunch of people standing in its way…
- If Trump Is Arrested Next Week, He Will Win Re-Election in a Landslide
- 6th-grader is sentenced to 1-day-hard-labor for refusing to listen to CNN’s lies and propaganda.
- Stand Up Comedy Clip “Chinese Spy Balloon” by comedian Jim Breuer
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB