JP Morgan, Steel, Shipbuilding, and “powder”(gun powder? munitions?) interests hired 12 high-ranking newspaper execs to determine how to “control generally the policy of the daily press” throughout the entire country.
Answer: “They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers.”
“…the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly SUPERVISE AND EDIT INFORMATION….”
“This policy also included the suppression of everything in opposition to the WISHES of the interests served.”
“They have resorted to anything necessary to commercialize public sentiment and sandbag the National Congress into making extravagant and wasteful appropriations for the Army and Navy under the false pretense that it was necessary.”
“Their stock argument is that it is ‘patriotism.’ They are playing on every prejudice and passion of the American people.”
The papers printed false stories and urged the US to war
“Now, whether by design or not I do not know, but it seems that most of these false reports come from London.”
I regret to say it, but we are gradually turning over the business of Congress, turning over all our constitutional rights, turning over our powers delegated by the people to a lot of editors, theorists, and college professors who are not capable of conducting our affairs and to whom we should not abdicate.”
“I think it would be better for some of these professional patriots who have determined our international relations in advance, and who insist upon adjusting our diplomatic affairs in this crisis, to not only ‘shut up,’ but to go tie a rope around their necks, attach an anchor to it and jump into the sea. We could better afford to dispense with their meddlesome services than to plunge the people of this country into a foreign war. I think it would be far better for this country.” [APPLAUSE.]
25 newspapers were needed then, today all media is owned by just 6 COMPANIES.
Do you think this problem has gone away? Or gotten worse?
- Two failed coups in two days
- HAPPENING: OREGON AND WASHINGTON SUBSTATIONS SHOT BY GUNS
- These people are evil…
- Whitehouse press secretary f*cks up, stops mid sentence as she realizes what she is saying.
- Can You Guess What Percentage Of Americans Are Having Trouble Paying Their Grocery Bills?
- This is the Financial Equivalent of an Aristocrats Joke
- 25 Ex-Soldiers Plotting Military Coup Arrested in Massive Raid by German Police
- Climate Change Lockdowns? Yup, They Are Actually Going There…
- Mike Rowe Warns That 7 million American Men are ‘Done’ Looking for Work
- KanYe Interview with Gavin McInnes Was Fantastic