A state senator in New Mexico has left the Democrat Party, upset over actions by Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham.
State Sen. Jacob Candelaria made the announcement Monday, as a special legislative session started.
He said he feels the U.S. political system is flawed because it has brought about just two parties that demand loyalty and leave “no room to debate, no room for discussion, and more importantly no adherence to the rule of law.”
He later took a shot at Grisham, a Democrat, telling colleagues, “I don’t think anyone can look at the events of Jan. 6 or many of the unconstitutional acts of this governor and not conclude that this partisan virus is starting to affect who we are as a country.”
Unlike many lawmakers that leave their party, Candelaria is not switching his affiliation to the other major party. He is now the second independent in the New Mexico legislature; state Rep. Phelps Anderson left the Republican Party earlier this year over his pro-choice views.
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once
- Just wow! Elon is losing it bigly.
- Scott Adams: “It’s Going TOO FAR; I’m DANGEROUS Now; I’m Going to HATE You; White Men Are F…ING DONE” (GRAPHIC)
- 186 More Banks “Are At Risk Of Failure”, And That Could Push Us Into The Next Great Depression
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- WTF is up with Boot Club & Blackeyes?
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami