One of the sweeping plans by Democrats to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants would add more than half a trillion dollars to the deficit by 2041, according to a Congressional Budget Office analysis published late Tuesday.
Democrats have been seeking to include some form of pathway to citizenship or legal status for illegal immigrants in its budget reconciliation bill, which is working its way through both the House and Senate. However, multiple plans have so far been rebuffed by the Senate parliamentarian, who ruled that such a change in the law is a “tremendous and enduring policy change that dwarfs its budgetary impact” and is therefore inappropriate for a reconciliation bill.
The first of those plans was the plan looked at by the CBO, which would grant a pathway to citizenship for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, those who are protected by Temporary Protected Status (TPS), farmworkers, and those deemed “essential workers.” It was rejected by the Senate parliamentarian in September.
On legal immigration, it would also significantly increase the number of green cards made available both via employment, family-based connections and the green card lottery.
- THAILAND DECLARES DEATH CON 3 ON PFIZER
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- Israel is forming a military coalition to attack Iran (USA and France are already in)
- Project Veritas was shut down for asking the right questions
- We Are About To See The Biggest Escalation Of The War In Ukraine So Far
- Elon Musk: “It is a serious concern -> The damage done to the credibility of AI by ChatGPT engineers building in political bias is irreparable
- New Zealand Reddit Users Can’t Figure Out Why They Keep Getting More Sick and For Longer: “this time the phlegm is so bad it’s difficult to breathe…
- Don’t Be Stupid – The U.S. Economy Actually LOST 2.5 Million Jobs Last Month
- We Just Witnessed An Economic Sign That Hasn’t Happened Since The Peak Of The Great Depression In 1932
- Rishi Sunak – ‘We want to rewire the entire global financial system for net zero’