- The former VP was speaking a campaign stop in Winterset, Iowa, on Friday
- Biden was asked by a voter who he would pick as deputy if he were president
- But instead of giving names the 77-year-old listed their qualifications and jobs
- He said ‘the fired former assistant attorney general’, referring to Sally Yates
- The Democrat then went on to suggest ‘the woman who should have been the governor of Georgia’, an apparent reference to Stacey Abrams
- Biden finished up with ‘the two senators from the state of New Hampshire’, this time referring to Democrats Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan
This is the embarrassing moment Joe Biden listed four potential female vice presidents – but appeared to struggle to remember any of their names.
The former VP was speaking a campaign stop in Winterset, Iowa, on Friday evening when he was asked by a voter who he would pick as his deputy, should he win the race to the White House.
Democrat Biden said he ‘could start naming people but the press will think that’s who I picked’ before not being able to actually recall the names of any of those he might select.
Instead, the 77-year-old listed their qualifications and identified them via their public roles.