Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a new interview that he is considering stepping away from the position he’d held since 1984.
Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), was asked during a podcast released March 18 whether he was mulling retirement or transitioning to a less-demanding job.
“I certainly am because I’ve got to do it sometime,” Fauci, 81, said.
“I can’t stay at this job forever, unless my staff is going to find me slumped over my desk one day. I’d rather not do that,” he added.
Fauci was appointed to his position in 1984 during the Reagan administration.
Fauci’s comments came after Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) failed in his effort to get support for a measure that would eliminate the NIAID and create three new institutes in its stead.
Paul, who has clashed with Fauci during multiple congressional hearings, said Fauci has become has become a “dictator-in-chief.”
“No one person should have unilateral authority to make decisions for millions of Americans,” Paul, a doctor, said.
- China Responds to Joe Biden’s Declaration of War
- World War 3: The Stage Is Being Set For The United States To Go To War With China And Russia Simultaneously
- The Apocalyptic Global Food Crisis That We Were Told To Prepare For Has Already Started In 2022
- First Black Lesbian Press Secretary Immediately Demoted After First Week
- Check out the parking lot at the Davos Climate Change Conference this year…
- Reporters Are Being Detained At Davos! +Secret Leaked Document
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Leaves 1 Dead, 15 Hospitalized
- When the crowd gets trapped in the casino with no way out, we’ll probably realize I’m too bullish…. The run to cash has officially begun.
- Disturbing video from Seattle…
- Monkey Pox Vaccine Incoming!