Usually when people mention pain at the pump, they are talking about a rise in gas prices. Not Krebs on Security. The website wrote this week about a new warning from the fraud-investigation branch of the Secret Service. In a memo to its field offices, Krebs reports, the agency said some high-tech thieves have devised an innovative way to steal your credit card information: adding next-gen credit card skimmers to gas pumps.
These nasty little gadgets swipe the data from cards that use the contactless payment method at the gas pump. Then, through a small cellphone and Bluetooth-enabled device hidden inside the payment terminal, it sends the stolen details via mobile text message to almost anywhere in the world.
- This Is The Real Reason Why They Raided Mar-a-Lago
- Congressional Republicans, Like Democrats, Want Trump Out Of The Picture Because They Are Both Bought And Paid For By The Same Tribe
- The U.S. Government: The Information Is Classified as Above Top Secret, We Can’t Name the Agencies Involved
- This Is How Globo Homo Works
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Are We Witnessing The Collapse Of America’s System Of Government?
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The Government Is Hiding a Serious Economic Secret
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Fed-created wild drooling “investors” have learned nothing & huge comeuppance is ahead. The version 2.0 of The Big Short begins…