Another thread got me thinking about this, so I wanted to share. Honestly, I can’t believe how long my list kept getting as this all occurred to me.
4th wave feminism has worked to throw off the shackles of the patriarchy so that women can… <checks notes>
- Attend major universities
- Do any job we have the capacity & training to do
- Not get fired for being pregnant
- Have legal recourse if we’re sexually harassed
Nope, nope, that stuff was handled already in earlier waves in the 20th century.
So, um, hm, let me see… So, here’s what 4th wave feminism does:
- Dehumanizes me by reducing me only to my body parts, referring to me as a “menstruating person,” or “person with a cervix“
- Champions exposing underage girls to male genitalia in a spa locker room
- Supports women & girls having to compete in sports against natal males
- Tells me to STFU because I’m white (HuffPost video)
- Puts people with penises in prisons with women
- Contributes to teen girls skipping school when they’re menstruating because they’re too embarrassed to use gender-neutral bathrooms
- Supports encouraging confused teen girls to have their breasts removed & fertility destroyed. I mean, sure, it’s not like there’s value in childbearing & def no value in breastfeeding! (See the book, “Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters” by Abigail Shrier)
- Furthermore, this trend encourages girls to “identify as” boys if they aren’t traditionally feminine. That’s right, the 4th wave tells us if you don’t enjoy makeup & dolls, you must not actually be a girl! Nope, “Be whatever kind of girl you want to be,” is so 1980s!
- Limits how I can style my hair (OK, TBF, these limitations apply only to white women.)
- Erasing motherhood & specifically adoptive moms by celebrating, “Birthing Persons Day” in May instead. We have adoptive parents in our close circle of friends, and I feel outrage on her part. It’s cruel.
Awesome, yippee 4th wave feminism! If you squint, it almost looks like they don’t really like women or something.
(I wasn’t aiming for a top 10, I just ended up with 10 off the top of my head.)
Disclaimer: This content does not necessarily represent the views of IWB.